let it go
Today is the 4th day of the 29th week, the 17th day of the 7th month, the 196th day of 2019 [with only 160 shopping days until Christmas], and:
- Disneyland Day – after three years of construction, the park was unveiled during a special televised press event on the ABC Television Network in 1955.
- National Hot Dog Day
- National Peach Ice Cream Day
- National Tattoo Day
- Take Your Poet to Work Day
- Victims of Baton Rouge, Louisianna Attack Day
- World Day for International Criminal Justice
- World Day for International Justice
- World Emoji Day
- Wrong Way Corrigan Day
- Yellow Pigs Day
Londo Mollari: But this…this, this, this is like… being nibbled to death by, uh…Pah! What are those Earth creatures called? Feathers, long bill, webbed feet…go "quack".
Vir Cotto: Cats.
Londo: Cats! I'm being nibbled to death by cats.
The litany of minor annoyances:
And ALL of this before 9 AM.
- The cat fountain is making an infernal racket and the new one I ordered on the 5th is nowhere in sight
- There was a bug on the wall of the kitchen and little tiny bugs around Panda’s food.
- Playing Diablo III fails to relax me in the morning as my necromancer stumbles around and dies easily
- Panda won’t cuddle and hides under the bed
- A slat of the balcony blinds falls off when I close them
- Can’t find the sandals I want to wear – and the ones I do find? The strap breaks when I put then on and they go in the trash
- It is 85 F in the shade at 7:30 AM.
- Got behind a student driver who carefully drove five miles under the speed limit and was going the exact same way I was on the way to work.
- Quartz has decided to put its content behind a paywall after three free articles.
- Two minutes after Walt Disney World’s call center opened, there were 750 callers and the wait time was 186 minutes – my travel agent is trying to arrange for the Disney dining plan for our December vacation and running into constant roadblocks.
Now, what am I going to do with the rest of the day? My head hurts, I’m at work dealing with picayune issues, there is a whole job list of chores I have to do when I get home, it’s hot and humid. The state of my finances, the country, the world, the economy, and the climate are all a mess. I feel ruffled, impatient, angry, and close to tears. Counting my blessings doesn’t seem to be working and it really doesn’t help to know that I can choose my mood, choose how I react. What I really want to do is scream at the universe “GIVE ME A F***KING BREAK!!!” and then break down
At this point? I need to remember that life is not fair, therefore, I have to cope. It’s one of those days where I just need to go hour by hour. I can do this – and so can you. We’ll make it!
|0 Comments | Add Comment | Permalink | Wednesday, July 17, 2019|