Today is the 3rd day of the 35th week, the 28th day of the 8th month, the 240th day of 2018, and:
- Crackers Over The Keyboard Day
- Dream Day Quest and Jubilee
- International Read Comics in Public Day
- National Bow Tie Day
- National Cherry Turnovers Day
- National Power Rangers Day
- Pony Express Day
- Race Your Mouse Around the Icons Day
- Radio Commercial Day
- Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day – established back in 2015 by Deborah Barns of the Zee & Zoey Cat Chronicles blog
- Red Wine Day
- Touch-A-Heart Tuesday
ON THIS DAY IN ...
1565 – Pedro Menéndez de Avilés sights land near St. Augustine, Florida and founds the oldest continuously occupied European-established city in the continental United States.
1609 – Henry Hudson discovers Delaware Bay.
1789 – William Herschel discovers a new moon of Saturn: Enceladus.
1830 – The Baltimore and Ohio Railroad's new Tom Thumb steam locomotive races a horse-drawn car, presaging steam's role in U.S. railroads.
1845 – The first issue of Scientific American magazine is published.
1859 – The Carrington event is the strongest geomagnetic storm on record to strike the Earth. Electrical telegraph service is widely disrupted.
1898 – Caleb Bradham's beverage "Brad's Drink" is renamed "Pepsi-Cola".
1901 – Silliman University is founded in the Philippines. It is the first American private school in the country.
1922 - The first radio commercial aired, on WEAF in New York City.
1937 – Toyota Motors becomes an independent company.
1963 - 200,000 people participated in a peaceful civil rights rally in Washington, DC, where Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his "I Have a Dream" speech in front of the Lincoln Memorial.
1993 – The Galileo spacecraft discovers a moon, later named Dactyl, around 243 Ida, the first known asteroid moon.
Since googling oneself is in the news today, I realized it has been a while since I tried ego surfing!
At least Google search didn’t have any suggestions for me!
- Carol A Hughes Tucker -- 6,890,000 results, eight of which were Amazon. The first one from Intelius is me, accurately pinpointing my approximate location, my age, and that I was married to Frank as well as picking up information from my LinkedIn profile, which they tried to link to. The next mention is on the 2nd page where I am part of the family tree for Joan Tucker [Frank’s ex] on FamilyTreeNow.. None of the images are of me
- “Carol H Tucker”– only 5,620 results, but narrowing the search with the quotes means more targeted results. My Twitter and my Facebook pages are shown on the first page, as well as my YouTube and DevianArt profiles – but there are other results mixed in of women with the same name living in other states and even an obituary. In the top line of the images there are three of me, and three that I posted, but then other than a picture of a special teddy bear, the rest are not mine
- “Carol Tucker”in an incognito window -- 86,600 results and I am nowhere is sight, although I stopped five pages in. No change when I go to the regular browser. There are no images
- beladona Memorial– no I don’t mean belladonna Google! She generates 10,500 results and there are four that are actually about my avatar on the first page. The first image is of her, and there is another halfway down the page, but the others are of strangers
- “Banking on Tomorrow”-- 12,300 results. This blog is on the first page at least! No images and the listed videos are not mine
|0 Comments | Add Comment | Permalink | Tuesday, August 28, 2018|