Today is the 5th day of the 5th week, the 2nd day of the 2nd month, the 33rd day of 2023, and just in case you have been ignoring the news, it is the day that for some strange reason we think that a rodent can tell us whether or not spring will come early. Apparently beavers, hedgehogs, and marmots have the same prognostication powers as each of them have a day today too – as well as the groundhog’s job shadow and an alligator in Texas.
It is also:
And on that note, I wish you a very happy Friday’s Eve
- Ayn Rand Day
- Candelmas or the Feast of the Presentation of Jesus at the Temple
- Crepe Day or Lan Chandeleur
- Dump Your Significant Jerk Day
- Imbolc – a time for “spring cleaning” of your life – reviewing goals, musing over how you did with the goals you set last year, and deciding what your goals are for this new year.
- Lung Leavin’ Day – you can participate here
- National Sweater Day
- Optimist Day – there is an organization you can join https://optimist.org/member/optimistday.cfmif you are one
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Awareness Day
- Sled Dog Day
- “The Record of a Sneeze” Day
- World Wetlands Day – established in 1971, altho it was not made an official holiday until 1997
- This is the earliest day on which Shrove Monday can fall